Wrath of the Eternal Timekeeper
I was scanning through the blogs I picked up from the forums of the Newbie Blogger Initiative when I stumbled upon an awesome idea by Ambermist over at Tastes Like Battle Chicken. For the first week of NBI she challenged us to build our own boss. I love doing this kind of thing so I had to join in! Here is the boss I created for an unknown game:
Chronos, Guardian of Time
The star of my build your own boss challenge is Chronos, Guardian of Time and he is the final raid boss in the Wrath of the Eternal Timekeeper saga.
Although well-aged, Chronos, the mighty centaur, still knows his way around a battlefield. Clothed in brilliant white robes, he stands guard in the Eternal Plains, ready to defend himself against anyone foolish enough to try claiming his powers as their own. Chronos quivers with rage as he sees another group of mortals approach him. The repeated attacks by the mortals have made him lose his focus, causing time rips and bizarre creatures to appear throughout the Eternal Plains.
Players fight Chronos because their faction believes him to be a cruel tyrant and they hope to gain more freedoms by eliminating him.
Chronos has dialogue at two points during the encounter:
- Upon aggro: ”How dare you challenge me? I am Chronos… I created Time itself! Without me, neither you nor your ancestors, nor anything you hold dear in your pathetic motal lives would even have had a chance to be created!”
- Upon death: “Enjoy your new-found power while you can mortals, for you have no idea what unspeakable horrors you have just unleashed upon your world.”
These are the attacks Chronos has in his arsenal:
- Punch – Main melee attack, does medium damage.
- Kick – Secondary melee attack, used less often but does considerably more damage.
- Time Wave – Area Effect. Medium spell damage. Increases casting time of anyone affected by 500%. Extremely hard to resist, but cureable. 20 second duration. Can be avoided by standing at maximum spell casting range. Spell is automatically cast every 45 seconds.
- Time Reversal – Direct attack against player at top of agro list. Reverts target’s stats to what they were at level 1. Removes player from agro list. 15 second duration on stat debuff. Unresistable, and Uncureable. Spell is cast when mobs hits 75%, 50%, and 25%.
- Ravages of Time – Cast against random player on agro list. Instantly kills player. Unresistable. Spell is cast at random intervals. 90 second recast timer.
What do you think about Chronos? Would you want to go up against him in battle?